Job Description and Requirements: Public Works Part Time Landscape and Mowing Laborer
Wage Classification: Hourly
Compensation Scale: Per City Part-time and seasonal scale
Bargaining Unit: Does not apply
Daily Reporting Location: PW Garage
All applicants must complete the City's application form along with a resume and return to Lisa Jordan at 100 S. Center Street / Corry PA 16407 or via email@example.com. Job applications forms can be found on our website
This position will perform a variety of unskilled labor in all phases of municipal facility maintenance and repair, including but not limited to, vehicles, buildings, parks, ball fields, performs related work as assigned.
This is an unskilled-labor position involving aspects of the Public Works Department. The employee shall be trained and utilized in, property maintenance. Assigned tasks shall include but not limited to: Operation of light equipment as a regular part of assigned duties. Employees in this class are expected to participate in unskilled labor as assigned and will involve strenuous physical activity. Persons in this classification exercise independent judgment within the scope of specific assignments as deemed appropriate by the City Manager and/or Lead Operator to which they are assigned. This position reports to the Lead Operator to which they are assigned.
Required minimum education or training: High School Diploma or GED . (exception for those currently enrolled in high school program) This classification requires the individual to hold and retain a minimum of a Class C Drivers license.
All safety and compliance training as assigned by the City shall be mandatory.
Role specific skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow simple and complex work instructions
- Ability to operate power tools
- Ability to operate residential and commercial mowing equipment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arm. The employee is frequently required to walk; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell, climb steps both indoor and outdoor; and climb ladders. The employee must be able to perform all the above physical activities in all types of weather conditions during all the seasons of the year. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
Additional duties consistent with the position, may be assigned by the City.
- Operates City light equipment
- Under general supervision performs labor tasks related to aspects of the Public Works Department
- Performs in a safe manner a variety of unskilled tasks requiring heavy manual labor.
- Performs unskilled labor assignments independently as assigned.
- Clear tree limbs along roads and pick up debris after storms.
- Maintain an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines and apply these in performing daily activities and tasks.
- Perform other tasks related to the operation and maintenance of equipment, maintenance buildings, services, and City owned properties.
- Performs minor maintenance to equipment such as, but not limited to, adding fluids and fuel, fluid and filter changes and lubrications.
- Reports any improper or deficient operating conditions of assigned equipment to the immediate supervisor.
- Responds to man-made and/or natural disasters, within the City municipal boundaries, as directed by a direct supervisor or the City Manager.
- Additional duties consistent with the position, as may be assigned by the City.
- The City will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of duties when necessary to comply with the law.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards of the City of Corry and pertinent federal, state, local laws relating to position functions.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and minor field repairs such as lubrication, checking fluid levels and replacing belts and other components as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Individuals may perform other duties as needed, including work in other functional areas.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity and the needs of the City. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Employees under the age of 18 shall have job duties and assignments modified as needed to comply with City safety policies as well as any federal or state laws, which are applicable.