Job Description and Requirements: Golf Course Manager/Superintendent
Wage Classification: Salary – Full time year round position
Compensation Scale: $45,000 - $55,000 *Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Benefits: Pension, Health Insurance, Vacation
North Hills Municipal Golf Course is a beautiful 18 hole golf course situated on the northern end of Corry, Pennsylvania. The course offers competitive rates, a challenging course layout, a bar and grill, and the largest greens and fairways this area has to offer.
North Hills Municipal Golf Course is currently seeking a full-time golf course manager to run the daily operations of the course. The qualified and successful applicant will oversee and maintain all facets of the golf operation. They will provide professional support, direction, management, training and leadership to golf staff members. They will promote and nurture customer relations and enhance the quality of the golf experience. They will be responsible for the day-to-day golf operations and will be a well-rounded, enthusiastic leader to help in all areas of the Course.
2 or 4 year turf degree
Minimum of 3-5 years as assistant superintendent or superintendent
Role specific skills, abilities, and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Maintain all grounds including the golf course, clubhouse surroundings and other maintainable property
- Maintain Course Liquor License
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications.
- Supervise, help hire, and develop all course employees.
- Coordinate scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department.
- Communicate frequently with the City Manager to discuss activities, goals, plans and member/customer feedback
- Maintain inventory and oversee all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment.
- Supervise and perform maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation.
- Develop chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis.
- Ability to help develop and stay within established annual municipal golf fund budget.
- Ensure the golf course is providing healthy and high quality playing conditions.
- Prepare and maintain all record keeping for maintenance department (i.e. inventory files, fertilization and chemical application logs.)
- Required to keep all permits pertaining to maintenance department up to date.
- Ensure golf course is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to enforce course rules
- Periodically report to City of Corry Council
- Ability to exercise a certain amount of independent judgment in day to day operations.
- Ability to exercise judgment when job assignments must be modified in order to be completed.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be contacted by phone while off duty.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and act in a courteous and diplomatic manner with members of the public.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arm. The employee is frequently required to walk; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell, climb steps both indoor and outdoor; and climb ladders. The employee must be able to perform all the above physical activities in all types of weather conditions during all the seasons of the year. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Date Job is Available:
March 7th, 2020
Job Application Instructions:
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity and the needs of the City. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.