Per Capita Tax

 Per Capita Tax is a flat rate local tax payable by all adult residents living within a taxing jurisdiction. For most areas “adult” is defined as 18 years of age and older.  The City of Corry Per Capita tax is $15.00.

  • Discount Amount – Taxes must be paid by September30 for 2% discount
  • Face Amount – Taxes must be paid between October 1 to November 30
Penalty Amount – Taxes become delinquent on December 1,  Payment will be received at the City of Corry Tax Office through December 31. Real Estate taxes not received by December 31 will no longer be accepted at the City of Corry Tax Office, and will be turned over to the Erie County Tax Claim Bureau for collections
Per Capita Tax Exonerationresidents 66 or over on July 1st of the application year or residents that make less than $12.000.00 a year can be exonerated from per capita tax.  Forms can be picked up at The City of Corry or the Corry Area School District and must be submitted by September 1st to the Corry Area School District Administration Office ATTN:  Per Capita – 540 E Pleasant St – Corry PA 16407.  Contact:  Lynette Willis 814-664-4677 Ext 1206.

Homestead/Farmstead Exclusion

If you are an eligible property owner, you have received tax relief through a Homestead/Farmstead exclusion which has been provided under the Pennsylvania Taxpayer Relief Act, a law passed by the Pennsylvania General Assembly designed to reduce your SCHOOL property taxes. The tax reduction has been funded from slot money revenue from the state.

The Exemption is applied to the property value before property tax is computed. You are not guaranteed a Homestead Exemption unless and until you apply and receive active status from the tax assessor. The application must be signed by an owner for whom the property is his or her primary residence. If the property has more than one owner, signatures of additional owners are not required.

Applications must be in to the Assessment Office by March 1 the following tax year. Only a primary residence of an owner of the property may receive the Homestead Exemption. This is where you intend to reside permanently. You may be asked to provide proof that this property is your primary residence, such as your driver's license, your voter registration card, your personal income tax form, or your local earned income tax form. If you claim another state as your primary residence, or another county in PA, the Homestead Exemption can only be claimed once. If you claim another property as a primary residence or if you receive a Homestead tax abatement or other Homestead benefit from any other county or state, you can’t claim it here.

When you have any changes in use, the property no longer qualifies for the Homestead Exemption. Property owners must notify the assessor within 45 days of the change in use. If the use of your property changes and you are not sure if it still qualifies for the Homestead Exemption, you should contact the Assessment Office at 814-451-6225.

PDF icon Exoneration Application555.66 KB